Friday, January 15, 2010

The Helmet Dance!



I told you it was the fashion accessory of the season! If Stefanie had one she wouldn't have gone to the ER on Christmas Eve!!
As you can see we have helmet! It's blue, it's soft, it's got a chin strap and it's cooler than the other side of the pillow!
Jack is currently resting peacefully and is steadily weaning off of the pain meds. Roxicet is the last bit of feel good drug he is abusing at this point. Which brings up the my next little bit, a song we wrote for Jack while he was on one of his drug induced trips through space, time and sound. Here it goes, "I'm a little junkie, yes I am, My name is Jack, but I don't know where I am!" Still working on the next verse. Any ideas?
More good news, Jack was able to get the old number 2 moving again. We were very excited this morning when that special aroma wafted our way. Then I promptly gagged and dry heaved. I can look at anything, but I am not sure why smells make me want to run to the other room. And he was stinky!!
Today Jack should be able to deliver a great birthday present to me......
Going Home!
~Cory & Stefanie

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack is looking GREAT !! Love the helmet, he's looking very cool. Our prayers will continue for you all. His progress is sure proof that our prayers are being answered. What a blessing his big smile gives us all. Happy Birthday Cory ! Fara

January 15, 2010 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger shannon said...

YEAH!!!! He looks so great....so when do we get to put the mohawk on??? I am so glad he is coming home...will that be today? Happy Birthday by the way!!! What a great present, handsome boy with the coolest helmet in the world!!! Meals will be on their way:-) Love you guys.

January 15, 2010 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger jdavissquared said...

He's so super cute, and he certainly looks happy! So glad you are going home. Happy Birthday Cory!

January 15, 2010 at 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Jack looks so good and happy. I am thrilled to hear that you will be going home. Maybe now everyone can get a good nights sleep and let more healing begin. Happy Birthday Cory. I am amazed by the strength of all of you. Hope to see you soon. Anne

January 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home